The Spring of 1891 saw the formation of a new lamp factory in Vienna, Austria. Electrishe Glülampen-Fabrik 'Watt' was established under the leadership of Charles John Robertson4. Watt was a prominent lamp maker in Europe and in later years the company produced a line of figural lamps such as the example shown here. Watt's line of miniature lamps are typically found with the stamping "WATT" on the bottom of the screw base and often used a cardboard type of insulation material in their bases. Watt figural lamps are believed to be some of the earliest types made however more information is needed regarding this early company.