Manufactured by the Edison Lamp Co. for the Elblight Co., this lamp has an unusual porcelain base with two sharp pins protruding downward. Only small fragments of information are known about these lamps and the Elblight company. It is assumed by the author that the Elblight Company of America was probably an early innovator of outside lighted advertising signs. A probable use for these lamps could have been in the form of an electric sign comprised of numerous lamps arranged in such a fashion to form words or other graphical meanings. Perhaps the company designed a universal system where such lamps could easily be arranged by simply poking them through a sign type board. Others have suggested these lamps were used for temporary lighting when “quick light” was needed. A flexible section of duplex cable could be pierced to temporarily accommodate the lamp8. One reference found on the Internet regarding the Elblight firmly places the company in operation during 1910 in New York City9.