Production of DeKhotinsky lamps first began in the Netherlands in 1884, and represents the first to be produced in that country. It's unclear the year of manufacture of this lamp, however based on the construction of the lamp, it's probably quite early. The lamp was exhausted at the bottom where the exhaust tip is present between the wire terminals. An unusual feature of this early lamp is the glass "paddle" between the lead-in wires that support the filament. This lamp is identified by the decorative DeKhotinsky crown logo etched onto the lamp's glass envelope. It was found with the lampholder as shown.